So I decided to spend my Saturday doing a 20k hike through the Mournes [our excuse for mountains].
Maybe I should have paid more attention to the 'Challenge' bit of the 'Mournes Challenge Walk'. I think that since getting a car I have forgotten how to walk anywhere and how hard it is to walk long distances over non-concrete/tarmac terrain.. (peat bogs are real fun, honest).
So due to me being completely out of practice at this walking malarky, I managed to pull, or tear, or both, what feels like every muscle from the hips down.. Despite this, it actually was quite fun (^_^). The scenery was pretty, I got to wall surf (although technically I didn't really wall surf but hole-in-the-wall-surf) and what's more, fulfil my lifelong ambition of being in clouds! We also saw a falcon type thing having a fun time being blown about.. Though it wanted our eyes!
I climbed (well, moved so slowly that I wasn't quite sure if I was still going forwards) two out of a possible 3 mountains.. This was especially hard when you couldn't actually see where the top of the mountain was..

kinda like that ^ but more soul destroying..
Right now, I feel how I think it feels to be 80-odd.. shuffling around the place moaning about my aching bones and wincing every time i have to stand up or sit down..
With that, I'm gonna go make myself some cocoa (yes, I know it's only 6pm but still, cocoa doesn't have a clock) and sit here, listening to music and pondering whether to attempt to figure out how to play around with the equations of motion in such a way as to get the right answers to my maths questions... Jeez, that was a long sentence..
Over and out Captain...
Music:
Sweat and Bones - Rachael Cantu
On the Radio - Regina Spektor
Pretty Head - Emily Haines
Don't Call Me - Oppenheimer
So-So Gigolo - Cursive
My Own Private Disco - Help She Can't Swim
Plastic Stars - Freezepop
Bad Sects - Cursive


No comments:
Post a Comment