Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine

Okay. This feels weird.
I've become used to throwaway lines, not sustainable prose. Thanks twatter.
When did I last do this? 10th of September... yikes. I'll keep it short to reduce the shock.

So. I'm still in London. Although not for long I guess. I think I've passed the halfway mark. I don't really want to figure it out for sure, because I don't want to freak out. Freaking out is Not Productive. I think I like it better than I did at the start. I feel somewhat more settled, but as this course isn't really a settled thing, I'm still not 100%. Also, I think I have fully realised that I am lazy. I never really doubted that I was, but now I know the true extent of it. I don't think I want to live 45 minutes away from my friends. I would prefer to be within 15 minutes til meeting up time. Cambo spoiled me. I like the spontaneity and comfort of knowing that you can see someone 'just when you feel like it', rather than requiring diary synchronisation and definitive map location meeting points. I don't quite know how I can achieve that here. I guess just learn to live with it. Or find somewhere smaller and convince everyone I like to live there too.

Hmm.

It's Valentine's day today.
I like the word 'valentine'. It appeals to me. Maybe because it has an interesting letter involved in a prominent position. Maybe it's because I have a ridiculous attachment to words and the ideas they instil in my head. S'why I chose Cam over that other one.
I also quite like the idea of the day. It at least encourages people to be considerate and cute to each other once a year. Obviously, I'd rather that people were that way 365.25/79.9. [side note; days in a year/average life expectancy for the UK is not quite as catchy as 24/7] and I'd like to think that people would do things at other times. But y'know. Sometimes it's nice to get caught up in corporate and make some sort of effort.
Having just said that, I think I've only ever been with someone on Valentine's [side note; 'V-day' conjures up an image of Japanese soldiers attending sexual health clinics, so let's not go there] once. And I was crap at it. So maybe it's good that the universe and/or the 14th senses of others kick in and stop me from having to choose appropriate presents and sickening activities. Still makes me feel a little sad though. I can't get good at the aforementioned activities unless someone is willing to be patient and let me practice. S'like a puppy bringing you the paper covered in slobber the first few times.

Anyway.

In other news:
  • I'm writing a questionable children's book with CCB. It's going to be ghost published. And probably just be a list of in-jokes together with badly drawn puffins. Or well drawn puffins if CCB does it. It'll be good anyway.
  • I have no clue about costs, nor do I really wish to. Percentage uplifts do not floateth my boateth.
  • I want Ireland to stop sucking at rugby.
  • I still have no idea what I'm going to do after this course.
  • I really suck at not being jealous.
  • I have an exam soon and I don't have a clue about it. Can you say, 'bugger'?
~ over and out

Listened to:
Costume Party - Two Door Cinema Club
Ta Douleur - Camille
Suspicious Character - The Blood Arm
Who Needs Actions When You Got Words - Plan B
Sweet#hart - Closure In Moscow
Hospital Beds (cover) - Florence + the Machine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything else in this post aside, I'm so glad that Camille-Ta Douleur was involved. :)