If I could exit I’d be an angel where I could see, instead of stare. I hate to stare. I bet I’ll be damned, and I’m sorry that I stole, but I bet I’ll be damned. I think way too much about the way things should be said, because it just can’t leave my head all the way. And it seems my brand new candles won’t catch on fire today. I think I might get burned anyway.
All this gasoline just goes to show that not everything ignites. I do my best, but don’t know what is right. All your energy just says to me that you never can unwind. Just bring it down, bring it down one time. Please, bring it down. Bring it down. Be good now, don’t fight; the stars will be up soon, and soon you’ll have another chance to move. With any luck, you’ll pin down constellations with hummingbird precision. Take this cash, feel good. I don’t know what you do (if it starts or if it ends with me), I only know I’ve tried not to be bitter. I could play the voice of reason and yell at you to get your ass to bed, but I’m uncomfortable with kind suggestions, so I’ll sit and watch you here in your apartment, with records on, and use that’s unrestricted. Mark these words: It’s the last time I encourage you to fix it. I encourage you to fix it. About the time the sky turns from pink to black, I calculate the length of my day and ask for hours back. But the superheroes are bored with all the shit that I made them see and there’s nothing I can do to keep them from stripping the time away from me (I filed it all wrong on the form, you see). The sky above your car is the darkest thing. Now I’m gonna go inside and wait for the phone to ring, because you went away.
I made a story out of words which aren't my own.. I'm a cheat.. oh well.. better to get them out of the way at the start.
So, I leave in.. 3 days! eeeek. I made progress today though.
I went shoppin' up the b'fast.. because I had no dresses you see.. [for good reason, I look shit in dresses]. I ended up getting more warm jumpers than dresses.. but anyway.
The real triumph was that I then came home and packed everything.. well, most things.
AAAGHAGHAGAHHHH kitten interruption.. I hate it when they do that... just walk all over everything. Like it's theirs. It's probably going to go up the chimeny next. Cheesh.
So yes.. I have three large suitcases completely full of clothes.. hopefully within the weight limit.. I am happy..
I now just have to remember to pack all my electrical crap..
I HAVE NO TIME.
Anyway, enough of the boring uni stuff. Something interesting would be more interesting.
Have you ever thought about time?
It's odd stuff. It's a whole dimension. I think... I never really followed that concept. Although I'm sure it makes perfect sense*. ::takes time to think about time::
so before my head explodes thinking about it..
What would happen if we made time metric? 100 seconds in every minute. 100 minutes in every hour and so on.. Is that possible? What would that do to the years? the seasons? the daylight?
How weird would the time telling be? "it's 22.81"
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THE WAGE OF THE SPEAKING CLOCK???
Somebody work this out for me... and while you're at it.. if you could figure out the plausibility of having monkeys for hands, I'd be eternally grateful. Eternally.
[*not actually.]
Sidenote: Cat, did you ever decide what else you'd have on your go go gadget hands? and what about all you other people? hmm? yeah mr. searching for a type of wine, what would you have for hands if you couldn't have hands? corkscrew and wine? I'd be your friend. Instead of suspicious.
Centrenote: Can time actually be measured? I know that we do it.. but some seconds feel longer than others..
It annoys me.. I know 'time flies when you're having fun' and all that jazz, but sometimes it flies or stops for no apparent reason..
Does it depend on your species? Like, you know how 1 human year = 9 cat years, 7 dog years and 4 horse years ? and how pigeons see so many frames/sec faster than us? what effect on time as a whole concept does that have?
Does time speed up as you get older? I'm sure years didn't used to go this fast, and I wasn't even watching then..
I'm going to stop now.. Perhaps I'll nip into some physics lectures and ask an expert..
~over... I think.... but is it ever really finished?


No comments:
Post a Comment