mo-jo...
so tonight, i decided that instead of watching have i got news for you, i would make some comedy of my own.. consisting of me trying to talk in a podcast. oh ho ho.. the hilarity.. here are some things i've learnt:
- My voice is weird.. it does not sound the same in my head.
- I repeat the same words over and over, in very quick succession.
- I pause. And make facial expressions. Quite why I do this is unknown to me as micro-ho-phones don't record facial expressions.
- I run out of things to say real quick.
- I am quite Americanised.
- I'm not very good at explaining things.
- It is imppossible for me to follow a logical train of thought.
- I'm not very good at talking. Verbal vomiting all over the keyboard..
- Talking takes a long time.
- I sound really kinda stupid.
- I don't have good one sided conversation.
Music I used to try and divert attention from my waffling:
(bit of) The Mighty Boosh- Ep. 3 Jazz B
White Rose Movement - Love is a Number
The Subways - Oh Yeah
Help She Can't Swim - What Would Morrissey Say?
Ash - Girl From Mars (or Ards)
The Motorettes - Go Go Gadget Girl
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - Whitewash is Brainwash
Flanders & Swann - The Gas Man Cometh
Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton - The Last Page
The Wombats -Moving to New York
I did want to play some Patrick Wolf but seemingly, when I buy a song from iTunes, I don't actually buy the song itself.. so it doesn't like pimping itself onto podcasts..
and here are the adverts I talked about..
Don't forget your seat belt/ not to drink/ not to speed
the northern irish one..
the belgian one
funny one
freaky kid one
oz not so graphic one
one that played in cinemas.. confused me til the end.
recent UK one..
and just because it's cool...
and I have a suspicion my computer may explode with me trying to post that lot..
so i'll let it try now..
over and out sir
[edit] Okay so, that little kid isn't called Sarah, I clearly just made that up.. maybe because she looks like a sarah. who knows..
and it appears podomatic have nifty embedded players I didn't know about.. so now.. I should have some podcasts embedded somewhere..
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Saweeeeeet! Norn Irish podcast at last! I must say u hav a rather nice accent; its subtle, I like it! You kinda sound like some1 on the radio but I can't think who it is... hmm aww well. Actually u sound like a mix of Chaz and Vicky. Duno if you listen to them or not. If not, you shud! Props on the Mighty Boosh snippet! I love that show, it's fuckin awesome! My all time favourite is the moon song tho :D Its been on my bebo flashbox for ages. Too good!
And btw ur evil! EVVVIL! Even seeing a still of the 'Body to Body' ad brings back horrible memories blaa. And I totally forgot how disgusting the wee kid one was :S When she cracks her wrist back into place *heave*
you think my accent is nice? that's a first..!
the only slightly northern irish girl on the radio is sonya mac.. and i don't think i sound like her.. unless i sound like colin murray, which is a lot more probable..
yup, i do listen to them.. as long as i have work to be doing i'll have an equal amount of podcasts to be listening to..
the mighty boosh rocks my baileys filled shoes.. vince noir.. yum..
It aint Sonya, she still has her English twang and I can easily say you don't sound like Colin lol. Then again maybe I just completely made that up... hmmm, who knows. My mind is a very over active and interesting place.
And Vince Noir = Legend!
as is my mind.. i come up with the strangest stuff.. anything but do productive work.. i even give little girls in car crash ads names..
aaah he is awesome.. they were so amazing live.. improvisation rocks!
ah more irish!!! whassup? I see you've had the misfortune of meeting irish no1 that man u fan :D
So in summation howdy props to ya for being irish :D
there's always more irish ^_~
ah man u... i liked them back in the day of schmichael and uh.. that french dude who wore his collar up..
in conclusion, hey what aboutche?
Oh ah Cantona, I said oh ah Cantona!
Post a Comment