Right. I am starting this post now. It may well be a piecemeal contribution, compiled over many hours.. This, in turn, is for many reasons..
- I am ill.
- My brother is home.
- I have to cook soon.
- I am attempting to do some reading before I head back to uni.
- I have a multitude of things to talk about.
- And only a short memory span.
So recently, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. It gets to about 4 or 5, and then I drift off.. only to be told to get up at 9.. which is fair enough I guess.
As well as the sinus infection, NWL was also kind enough to give me another affliction; Radio 4.
NWL listens to Radio 4 all night, every night. And damn it, I got used to it. The book of the week being read at night and then repeated in the morning. The national anthem, the shipping forecast [which is amazing], the repetitive news bulletins about how the make-believe-money world is falling to piece, even... women's hour... So now I have to listen to Radio 4 until it gets too much and I'm still not asleep. It gets turned off circa 4.30 am.
Bargh. Contract is already confusing me with its sums and figures and..stupid...law...words.
Aaaaand... Brother has just disconnected the internet... which I suppose is alright 'cos it means the wires can get sorted. But still. Means I can't download open office. Which I'm hoping will fix the problem of not being able to open the contact details spreadsheet I need.. Stupid position of semi-responsibility. I can't even bastard row.
Yeah, so I'm trying to do some of the reading that I was supposed to before heading back to uni. Because all of the other lawyers will have. Apart from FWL. She might have done the same amount as I have. And that proves that we are both human.
Maybe I should go and start cooking. I'm supposed to be doing meatballs. They're ace. But I don't know if I can be bothered. They're going to be awesome uni food. Apparently, I HAVE AN OVEN THIS YEAR. Yes, that's right, a real OVEN. With knobs and everything. My kinda oven, obviously. I want to be domesticated and bake cookies. Or y'know, just bake cookies, scoff them, rinse, repeat. And cook proper food for people.
Ok so all of my repertoire currently consists of dishes made up of 98% meat. But that's not bad... necessarily.. It may even be a selling point in persuading people to come over for dinner. And thinking about it.. I can actually do vegetarian stuff. Thank you dad.
I need to have a shower. Being ill makes me feel constantly in need of a shower. Clean kills germs... yes?
I will go do that soon. Now in fact..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am cleeeeeeean. Thought you might like to know.
And teh internetz is back on after a bit of yo-yoing. Still can't open the spreadsheet though =S
I should really go and cook..
[will add more to this later]
Things Only I Can See - A Sunny Day In Glasgow
All Kinds Of Stuff - The Cure
Echoes - I Was A Cub Scout
Little Bit [CSS remix] - Lykke Li
Banquet [Boys Noize remix] - Bloc Party
Shh - Donora
One Month Off - Bloc Party
Talons - Bloc Party
The Big Afraid - 65daysofstatic
A Wolf At The Door - Radiohead
Trojan Horse - Bloc Party
Halo - Bloc Party
So Let Go - The Good Life
Middle Of Nowhere - Hot Hot Heat


No comments:
Post a Comment