Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Twist

Hum.
Watching a programme about the history of cosmetic surgery. It's well cool.
I am in Sussex. It isn't all that sunny. I had been lead to believe that it was, you see. There have been other folk here, and I got thinking about originality and talent and things.. which is never all that good.
So right, when you're at school, most people have a 'thing', you know, a thing that they're insanely good at. Some people are really good at being smart. Some are really good at playing an instrument/singing/drawing/writing/photographing/rugby/hockey/korfball etc etc. But I think it's fair to say that most people have their niche. But then you move out of school and go to uni.. and suddenly your nice little niche is gone. Everyone is better at a multitude of things than you are at your one. Which is muy sadface. I had a discussion about it with MPM [medic prime minister] who was like me in not being multitalented. We both moped around the garden for a bit. Then I got freaked out by slugs. [yeah, look, I just don't like them being everywhere. ok?]
Anyway.. It's quite disheartening to not have something that you excel at anymore.. and I dunno.. just.. meh..
And somehow this leads on to originality.. like how difficult it is to be original these days..
But is it actually more difficult than like 100 years ago? or would it have been just as hard what with social constraints and all? hum. I think I need to ponder it a bit..

besides.. I have to look up lasagne recipes to make sure I know what I'm doing tomorrow.. and I need some quality sofa time.. ^_^

No comments: