Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sonne

Right so. Dinner 1 with Big Law Firm. It was done on a college basis, so everyone knew everyone else and it was nice in that respect. Because we all knew we were there mainly for the wine. Which was disgusting. But free. And we all walked off with a bottle. And yeah, the lawyers themselves were alright.. I guess.. not everything they said fitted together, but anyway. 
Dinner 2 with Big Law Firm. Different set up, in that it was a mix of people from lots of colleges. FWL and I were both there though. At this one, nobody really knew each other, but recognition from lectures was present. Again the lawyers themselves were alright, perhaps a tad more honest. But some of what they said didn't really make sense. 
The major difference though was the fact that everyone seemed to be a little more competitive.. which sucked. Any time someone would mention extra curricular X, everyone else would have to mention extra curriculars Y, Z and 19. 
Which was quite demoralizing. 
And having sat and discussed things in buckystars yesterday, I.. meh. Well, basically, I really don't think I want to go into commercial. Which is what all these firms do, and what everybody does. Well, I say everybody, but not everybody, because the competition for the areas that I want to go into is just as insane. You just get paid less. 
And then I decided I didn't really know what I want to do.. except that I do, I just don't have a job title for it. I mean, does everyone else know what they want to do? 
Most people seem to. Even those in profession subjects who don't want to do that profession know where they're going.. Arg. 

I should really get out of my pyjamas and do something. I'm thinking either filming or writing. Or you know, law. 

~ over. ish. 

No comments: