Saturday, July 17, 2010

Uhh.. Damn.

Urgh.
I feel full of dread.

I hate... I don't even know what I hate.

Just, yeah.

I'm great at being incomprehensible.

---
In other news, I learnt how to mix concrete [thank you internet] and improvised how to lay a stable floor. So horse now has a floor which is bumpy in different places compared to how it used to be.

Painting is at a point I can pretend is finished. There are a number of things wrong with it. I will annotate them below:


1- the mouth is wrong, and really stupid. It's like, too plain somehow? And looks like a fish.
2 - clumsy, and too sharp with not enough shading. eurgh.
3 - again, too plain. And it doesn't make sense.
4 - is the wrong shape. too pot-bellied. Considering the rib cage is supposed to be being pulled upwards, there should be more of a weird hollow thing going on.
5- hands. enough said really. They're just so wrong and deformed and fuzzy.
6 - hair/shoulder. so, so clumsy. the shoulder is too big and rounded. the hair is just... argh. hair and hands. I need to work on hair and hands. Hairy hands maybe.
7 - you can't really see in this picture, but the trousers are terrible. Actually terrible. My material skills also need work.
Overall: I'm not happy with the background/figure relationship. In my head it looked so much better. I think I made a mistake using oils because they didn't really allow for what I wanted to do. I used them cos I wanted to get the skin decent. I failed in that. Apart from the armpit area, which I oddly think is ok. Apart from the visible charcoal line. Grr. Anyway. This was part one in what's probably gonna be a trio. I have that much energy to get out. I'm thinking I'll try to go more natural for the next two. Back to learning how to paint, if you will.

Might go try and locate my old sketchbooks. I need to sketch again.

~over und out

No comments: