
I have intentions for this to be a long post. However, the probability of that being so is kinda low..
So we'll see..
Anyway, the picture. We were waiting for a friend to get out of French, so as we walked towards the classroom, I saw this and had to stop. I don't understand what the hell is going on (I don't speak German) but it made me laugh (probably because I don't understand what is going on) and feel happy that the universe has been good to me this week. Apart from my immune system, but it never listens anyway.
This week has been pretty nice so far.. I'll give you a wee rundown..
Monday
-"You're all looking pret-ty fine this morning" - Head of Sixth Form
-"I don't wanna be standing here like Rosey No-mates" - Vice Principal
-Maryland cookies in Physics
-Battered sausage supper for lunch (real fooooood!)
-Got my Lnat results.. I got 23 out of 30, which doesn't seem to be too bad. Nice.
Tuesday
-"You have to be aware that people may try to take advantage of you" -Headmaster during assembly for 4th +5th form.
-Wasted an hour trying to find somewhere that could print off a picture within the school grounds.
-My maths teacher wrote 'sex' on the board and didn't notice.
A note was passed that read "She wrote SEX on the board!" I replied "Oh, didn't you know? differentiation is all the rage these days.. long winter nights and all..."
-We then rewrote 'Industry' by The Modern to be mathematical. "You can be my indice...."
This may seem sad.. and it is. But there isn't much for us to do in school. We certainy aren't going to integrate trig functions.
English was fawesome! We got coffee and m&s shortbread biscuits (half dipped in chocolate- oh yeah... you know that's good) and we read some more of the play. The play is supposed to be a tragedy. We find bits of it hilarious. I love the part I'm reading.. aaand I managed to deliver a line with such prefect sleaze that everyone burst out laughing (this is quite a feat for me) and I even got my teacher to laugh properly (she normally rises above such things).
- Watched ep4 of the L Word. I luffed it. With both ear lobes.
-We went out for a Chinese. We made it our challenge to finish the bottle of Southern Comfort that they had to bring out of the storeroom for us. Although I couldn't actually participate because I was the mofo in charge of driving, but them being drunk makes me feel drunk and some ace conversation was had (far too innuendo-ish for the eyes of an innocent bystander)
I didn't get to see the female sumo wrestlers programme, which was disappointing. I have also missed America's Next Top Model s7. Tyraaaaaaaaa! but anyway.
Wednesday
- It's half day Wednesday. What's not cool about that?
- "You are at a time in your life where you are going through a lot of changes, physical changes" - Headmaster, during assembly to 2nd and 3rd form.
- Sex was still on the board in Maths.
-Talked about my essay writing skills (or lack thereof) in English, I have to stop faffing around apparently. 'Faffing' is a technical term. If a teacher uses it, it must be proper.
-
- Went to Virgin Megastores (what a great name, I wonder if foreigners ever get confused) to get our See-Ess-Ess tickets.. and we did.. and it will be the sex.
- Got a ben and jerry's hot fudge sundae (with hot caramel). So much sugar.. *twitch*
- My Shins' album was waiting for me in Mr. Postbox.
And that is as far as the week has gone.
Tomorrow is my school's open night. I automatically get to show people round.. This would probably be fun.. who doesn't get a little excited about running around school after hours? except that it goes on from 5.30 - 9.30. That's too long.. I can't talk to parents for 4 hours.. They'll ask me questions and I won't know answers..
erk.
Ah look.. I'm all out of steam.. And I was gonna evaluate myself and bore you all to death. ho hum.
Better luck next time?
Hearing
Wincing the Night Away - The Shins [Spilt Needles has taken my fancy so far]
The Dream of Evan and Chan - The Postal Service
Helicopter - Bloc Party
Scissor Paper Rock -Architecture In Helsinki
Delirium Trigger - Coheed
Saturday Remix - Rachael Cantu
Boys Wanna Be Her - Peaches
~Over and all out


1 comment:
Didn't you know, they replaced Sec with Sex.. they said it rolled off the tongue better and was much more fun.
And I loooooved roaming around school after hours! Specially during school productions when the school was all dark and deserted.. you feel like you're trespassing, great stuff. Kinda scary too.. one wrong turn and you could be having tea with the penguins.. And by penguins I mean nuns of course.. we didn't actually have penguins in our school.. tho that would've been pretty damn cool.. I like penguins..
Post a Comment