Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Strangers..

So, this first year of uni is basically over. 
It's flown by. 
And absolutely everything hasn't gone like I thought it would. 
Which is fine in some respects. I guess. 
But like, what I suppose gets to me most is the fact that I don't know anyone. 
I mean, I'm only just realising that I know practically nothing about the people that I have lived and worked with for 9 months. 
Everyone is essentially a stranger. Just a stranger whose name I know. 
Even people who I knew before uni, people who I would have considered to be closest to.. strangers. 
I don't know them anymore. 
And that freaks me out and makes me wonder what the hell I've been doing. 
Am I so crap that I haven't been listening when people have been talking? Or am I so shit that I haven't asked? 
Everyone else seems to have managed fine and be really close and Really Good Friends. 
And I'm not. 
I don't like not knowing people, and by extension, people not knowing me.. Although I suppose their not knowing me can only be a good thing. 

Urg. 
I shouldn't be this depressed. Need to get a grip of some sort. 
I'll finish this dickspit later. 

[edit no 1 - 16.58]
Just back from rowing. Little Damp [read 'soaking'] 
However the rain helps me think. 
But right now all I can think about is how damp I am. 

No comments: