Thursday, April 23, 2009

Neapolitan Dreams

Well...
I have been wonderfully unproductive. On the blogging front and on the life front. When was my last post? Tuseday... That's not bad actually. Other people are worse at updating them. Hint in all directions.
From Tuesday. Right. Tuesday. Hmm. Had an informal lawyers meal, which was nice, although for some reason my food took longer than everyone else's. Despite being the same as what PL ordered. It looked like the managers were just sitting there on their rather large looking asses watching the one waitress run around the entire place. Not very impressive. Then there was the college bar.. And then of course, the night out. Which was really good, in a very strange way. It felt more like a film than it usually does. Which is always fun. I like being at that level of drunkeness where everything matters, and is important. Of course none of it ever is, really. I think. I suppose it depends on what you do. Hmm. Anyways. Drunk drunk drunk was that night.
And yesterday.. Oh yesterday. We lounged. There was some feroch lounging. In the sun. FWL is burnt on the shoulder. I apparently have the mark of christ burnt into my face, and FM, well she was crispy from Tuesday anyway. KF's sun damage status is as yet unknown. So, the sheer ferocity of our lounging meant that FWL and I had about 3 hours to do our [entire in my case] contract supervision plus essay. Which is quite an achievement. And to celebrate the fact of supervision survival, FWL and I got wasted. At the supervision. After DTM's dad had given an awesome talk that is. He's so cool. They just shouldn't let us near champagne when we're massively sun-dried. Never mind coming round and topping up glasses. You just can't say no..
So that led to early drunkeness, and a very non-linear route through the streets home. And then dominos came and made our lives complete. And then we crashed. And then I woke up today.
And the lounging will continue. With chat. Which has printed itself onto my leg. Clearly not as high a quality density as McG&W.

SH might be visiting the cottage today. I proposed that we should start making a Schindler-style list of visitors. FWL didn't see it at first, but then did a few seconds later. A list to protect people from sacrificing themselves on the altar of stress. Or something.
I like lists.

Christ. FWL is singing again. No rapage for her. =P
[ "you make it sound like a bad thing. . . . not the rapage, the singing.."]

Right. Today is St. Georges day, and therefore there must be pub time at some point. Probs later.

I don't want to do work. I want to listen to music loudly. So I will.

No comments: