Friday, January 12, 2007

Computing by candlight..



So romant-....not..

Ahem.. So my lights are off..
Not my electricity as such.. just my lights. Although the 'tricity was off earlier..
Damn weather..
Being all strong and powerful..
Anyway..
Just to prove that I am in fact, using the computer by candlelight.. I took a picture.
It's very surreal.. Technology and well.. not so technology side by side..
And just because I was bored, I labelled bits of the bombsite that is my desk area.. Extra points for recognising unlabelled items!!

Did I mention all the stuff going on with my house yet? Ah well, I'll say it again..
My house.
Is old.
Some bits are older than others.
My house is a hybrid of centuries.
Sometimes I think it's alive.
'Cos it makes noises.
That sound like murderers in the night-time.
Yeah.

So we notice some water coming in the window.. but not through the window, like above it.. as if it's coming through the concrete (crumbs!).
::ring ring:: 'Hello Mr. Builder?' 'Would you like te come and look at me windies?''Grand'**
So Mr. Builder comes and has a look at the windows (and the shed roof which is sorta.. frisky..).
He says there's a little bit of a gap between the window and the wall, hence the water making a break for the comfort of my home.
He comes round the next day and takes off the bits of wood/plastic around the window and what do you know? there's about an inch of nothingness! and at the sides there's a couple of mm gap.. with big holes between the inner and outer walls where the lead weights used to be..
so that's why I freeze my ass off all the time.

Anyway, that was all just boring background.. I woke up today to the sound of hammers and saws and things.. and I come downstairs.. and they're bashing stuff, and destroying it and..
I can't join in =(
because I have revision to do..
And later they move outside and take rooves off and knock pillars down and.. and...
*puppy eyes*
I wanted to..

Stupid Physics.
With its, "Oh I know what will really confuse the fuck out of you, CHEMISTRY!"
Had I wanted to ever see the words 'ionic lattice' again, I would have done Chem.. not Physics.. So don't put it in my exam and then proceed to ask about the SHM it executes, whilst also telling me about it's spring constant.. I mean, WTF?
There are no springs in ionic lattices..

Grr.

At least it's the weekend.. and that brings English and Maths revision.. grrrrrrreeeeat...not....

Oh dude!
Fire is fawesome!
Get a candle.. and something plastic.. and hold the something plastic above the candle.. It's like this invisible force is crushing and tearing it.. I'd forgotten how fun it is.. mmm fumes...

~Over and up in flames

[Spot the pyromaniac]

[Music]
The Sounds - Tony The Beat
Sparklehorse - Knives Of Summertime
Islands - Humans
Regina Spektor - The Hotel Song
Take Me Out - Biffy Clyro
Different Stars - Trespassers William
Cursive- Some Red Handed Sleight Of Hand

** Didn't actually talk like that, I just thought it would add more to the sparse story if I wrote it with some 'local colour'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I think I can spot the pyromaniac but i'm not sure, I think you have to set more than a piece of plastic on fire.

That's funny though, using a computer with candle light, definitely not something you hear about everyday.

Mwiko said...

I set more than plastic on fire..
^_^

yeah it was strange.. it was fun to put my hand through the flame inbetween typing bouts..
la de da..

caT` said...

Lol I'm loving the mouse :P I want one I want one! And ur candle on ur English homework looks suspiciously like a bunsen burner.. seems someone likes Chemisty a little more than she lets on! Specially if u like burning things.. that's all Chemists do!

Btw that's really random that ur lights go off but the power stays on. Usually it's a complete blackout.

Mwiko said...

ok so I loved flame tests...
just not anything else.. =P

Mm.. I think a power surge did something crazy to the fuses or something..