Grrski.. I hate people.
Not actually.. I just hate lots of people being really 'busy' and inefficient in a small space. I'm talking about people shopping at Christmas if you can't tell. We had some food and stuff to get today, so went shopping.
Annoyance no. 1 : THE CAR PARK
Right, a mini-multistorey [ie 2 floors]. People couldn't get out of the higher floor and so were just sitting all over the car park.. blocking the people coming in from actually parking.. which in turn meant that it was harder for the people wanting out to get out.. And then there were just some people sitting there in their cars doing nothing.. So I got out of my car.. walked about, told people that there were spaces 'thataway' if they wanted them and then got annoyed when some people only moved forward an inch.. So squeezed past them [probably a bit too quickly for their [and their wingmirrors'] liking and parked.
Annoyance no. 2 : THE SHOPPING ITSELF
So we walk in... and it's hell already.. people are queueing down the aisles.. meaning that it's quite difficult for people who want to get something from the aisles to get it. So I leave my mother with the trolley because I know that if I am left with it I will despair with humanity completely and start ranting at strangers about their hideous inefficiency due to lack of attention. The gathering of food goes mostly well.. and so we join a queue. And halfway through the queue ignorant woman butts into it.. with her designer handbag and trenchcoat.. for some reason I think she also had sunglasses on her head.. hmm.. So we tactfully sort her out and get through all the checkout malarky.. only for..
Annoyance no.3 : CAR PARK TAKE 2 - THE WANKER IN THE HONDA
So.. get to the carpark.. it's still all jammed up.. but I breathe deeply and decide to do what is clearly the best thing to do- be british and get in the goddamn queue and stay there happily queueing. So after about half an hour I get close to the exit, only for Johnny Cockface to drive across the empty parking spaces and pull up beside me, expecting to get into the mainstream of traffic in front of me. Well I'd be damned if I let him get away with such a flagrant disregard for the OBVIOUS QUEUEING SYSTEM [Like really, it went the whole way round the carpark, it couldn't be missed]. So I made sure there was no way I was letting him in. The car behind me [silver bmw, middle aged female driver] had also decided that he wasn't getting in.. and so majorly cut him up after beeping at him.. At this point it became apparent that most of the queue had united and decreed that this man with his prominent sat-nav [if and when I use mine, I do it discreetly.. and ignore the instructions] was not going to get away with being so rude.
There was a real feeling of queue solidarity, it was awesome. That's Christmas.
Those were my main shopping annoyances.. You know how pointless inefficiency pisses me off. I'm sure I've ranted needlessly about it many times before.
Ah TV... there's suddenly good stuff on.. Like Fawlty Towers [don't mention the war ep], Father Ted, Have I Got News For You.. Lots of okayish films too I guess.. Heh, South Park.. I think I'm in an easily humoured mood.. i.e the immodium plus ad.. "When you had diarrhea this morning YOU HAD A CHOICE.."
It could, of course, be the mulled wine.
Hmm. Eve tomorrow. Should probably think about putting the tree up. Maybe.
~over and this post is ending early. lucky you.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment