Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Scene.



Fire.. Love it. And taking photos of it is fun.

So. Went to el slimelight last night. It started off sticky.. but then developed into the sweaty, slimey hole that we all know and love..
AGHGAAAAH!!!
A cat just took my headphones off!
I was just sitting here telling you about the limelight.. and a paw came and batted my headphones off! The cheek of cats these days.

Anyway, as I was saying [I know that I've been one of the few who walks away from you Steven Smith we all lose. One look at you and they're suddenly covered in shrapnel too] the limelight..
IS SO SCENE IT HURTS. Like really.. People actually dress up to go out.. I forgot that that happens. So many people with asymmetrical haircuts and perfectly applied liquid eyeliner and fashionably prepared vintage clothing.. And there were even people with.. with.. HEADBANDS. I don't see that sort of thing on a regular basis.. Probably because I'm a skank.. but still.. The only time I saw that level of scene whilst I was away was at a Robots gig.. where it's kind of expected-ish.
Seeing people that I had forgotten existed was a bit strange too..
But it was nice to be back embarrassing people with my stupid shitty excuse for dancing.. Someone wanna buy me some skill for christmas? anyone?

In other news, we have a ladder for stairs. It's an interesting arrangement. I also have a lot of swedish furniture to put together. But I'm going to drink this cider first. Because DIY goes better when drunk.. if you're me at least anyway. Yeaaaah. I also have just the teensiest weeniest feeling that I have been lied to. Which is always nice. Oo, there's an environmental journalist on the Daily Show.. Plastic eating microbes... yum. Apparently there have been no major happenings here during the past 10 weeks.. Disappointing. I thought somebody would have done something interesting.. but seemingly not. But it was decided that I do have more work and worse accommodation than the people at uni here.

The Secret Millionaire is using Bat For Lashes... interesting.

Instead of trying to find new music to listen to, I have decided to just go and listen to all the old music that I haven't listened to properly in a while.. So I'm having fun having little fests of music and getting back into it all..

Right.. I can't put this furniture off any longer.. might edit later.. might not.. bet you're on edge.




not.



~over and up the ladder.

[edit] So it's taken me.... uh.. well it's 22.41.. so however long to construct a wardrobey type thing and two under bed storage boxes.. I suck. =(

1 comment:

caT` said...

This is why I don't like going out here. It means I have to dress up and actually put some effort into my appearance.. fuck that! At uni, you go out in whatever you're wearing, no matter how manky you look, get pished and have a good time. It's how it's meant to be.